Friday, March 27, 2009

Taliban Denies Polio Vaccine To 300,000 Children


A classic case of poison pill. For the last six or seven decades, the United States has toppled democratically elected Governments all over the world, supported nefarious/shady dictators/rulers and pushed away the moderate elements of the society in countries such as Pakistan - all with a single purpose of defeating the commies. Well, the infamous words of Rev. Wright that "America's chickens have come home to roost" is not far from the truth, is it?

I remember so vividly going to Swat as part of my school's field trip. Even as a little kid in the fifth grade I could appreciate and be mesmerized by the beauty I was witnessing, almost as described in James Hilton's "Lost Horizon". Azure sky blanketing the entire lush green valley with colorful square homes at the edge of the Swat river. I slipped and fell in the river off of a large round rock and my teacher had to pull me out, having to wrap me in her shawl. The water was cold, but somehow I felt baptized in it.

All I have left of that trip are these memories, some faded black and white pictures and a very heavy heart that's unable to reconcile them with what's happening there today.
About Pakistan
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments: